T.H. Johnson Elementary is the early-childhood campus in Taylor ISD.
We serve the littlest ducks in Pre-K3, Pre-K4, and Kindergarten.
For this upcoming year only, we will have first grade at THJ as well!
We are excited to have big leaders on our campus for a year.
We take pride in knowing your child will be in a safe environment that is nurturing, engaging, and inspires a love for learning, discovery, and collaboration.
We are excited to welcome new little ducks to THJ all year!
Register now for the 2022-2023 school year.
Pre-K for 3-year-olds is free to eligible students and is a half-day program. There is no tuition option for PK3. We do not accept transfer students for PK3. Students must turn 3 on or before September 1, 2022, to be eligible to attend. Pre-K 3 sessions are 7:40 AM - 11:15 AM and 11:15 AM - 3:40 PM.
Pre-K for 4-year-olds is free to eligible students and is a full-day program. We also offer a tuition option for those who are not eligible and to transfer students from other districts. Tuition is $400 per month or $4,000 for the year. Students must turn 4 on or before September 1, 2022, to be eligible to attend.
Kindergarten is free for all students who meet the age requirement. Students must turn 5 on or before September 1, 2022, to be eligible to attend.
Our Pre-K 4, Kinder, and1st grade students attend full-day school from 7:40 AM - 3:10 PM.
Age requirements cannot be adjusted. Students must be 3, 4, or 5 on or before September 1, 2022, to be eligible to attend school in the Fall.
Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 Eligibility Requirements
A child is eligible for enrollment in free pre-kindergarten if he or she meets the age requirement AND at least one of the following criteria:
- Unable to speak or comprehend the English language (because another language besides English is spoken most of the time in the home or the child speaks another language besides English most of the time).
- Is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price school lunch program (Child receives TANF or Medicaid benefits. Or click here to see if you meet income requirements).
- The child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or the reserves.
- The child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or the reserves, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
- The child of a police officer, firefighter, or emergency medical responder seriously injured or killed in the line of duty and received the Star of Texas Award.
- Is or ever has been in CPS custody or in foster care.
Feel free to contact us at 512-352-2275, if you have any questions.
Registrar: Kim Arredondo - [email protected]
Principal: Andy Basche - [email protected]